Friday, June 22, 2007

Rickroll

I feel bad about my last post. I played with the hearts of Ender's Game fans to demonstrate the rickroll, but thought I'd stop so both of my readers won't get upset.

Similar to viral videos online, this is a kind of viral online practical joke - to offer a link to something highly anticipated leading to the awesome 80's music video by Rick Astley below. This link (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070516182851AArhHWu) explains the rickroll gaming roots.

I love this video. Mary, my 2 year old, started dancing to it the other day, and I'm trying to teach her to move her arms like Mr. Astley.

5 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

"Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie
and hurt you."

I find this the lyrics to this song and this prank to be very ironic and hurtful.

But very funny.

Ian said...

Excellent. Now I can say I have been "rickrolled," and I'll have to look for opportunities to pull off a rickroll myself.

Rob Au said...

I love this music video... It looks like one of those karaoke style music videos you could do in the early nineties. It's like he got together with the three other people in the video and said... hey, lets make a music video, I know this great place at the mall. Amazing how people were entertained by that back in the day! I know I was. Should I have admitted that?!

3703 said...

I was hurt, but you have not lost my readership.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!