Monday, January 15, 2007

Make news come to you

If readers of this blog are, like me, checking blogs and news sites daily, you may, like me, get tired of the time it takes to open and close browser windows - often to find that no new posts have been made. Time is easily wasted.

A popular solution are rss aggregators/readers (rss stands for real simple syndication). Does anyone else use these? I use bloglines, and find it pretty useful (click here to see other rss readers) Some may find it more trouble than it's worth (bloglines is a little tricky to figure out), but I - in trying to keep up with about a dozen sites - find worth in being able to just look once at a list to see if any new post or news is available.

Here's a screenshot of my rss list:



Also, Amber got me into the dashboard feature on macs, and I use a bloglines widget on that. Technology can save time!:)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Cool Cblakes. I'm going to try them out.