Wednesday, January 3, 2007

"Captain EO" Clip

On Judd's (aka The Rumbler) blog he brought up "Captain EO," the 3-D Michael Jackson short movie. The ensuing discussion got me curious about the movie's availability, and it isn't for sale. I found a clip, and (since Judd's YouTube link was deleted) I thought I'd embed this clip (it may run smoother if you let it completely load before playing). Judd is right - I can see the Star Trek - Borg influence. Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas have come up with such original stuff. That's great that FFC wrote and directed, and that Lucas wrote the story.

< height="350" width="425">

3 comments:

Katie said...

Now I remember Captain EO. I can't remember if I saw the movie, but I remember the character. This looks like classic Michael Jackson. That's a blast from the past. Thanks Cblakes.

wackplayer said...

I've seen the movie, it was great. I remember the whole movie like it was last week. I do remember the laser/behind-the-screen SFX sequences like it was yesterday.

I wished they'd at least release a colorkey/shutterframe 3D-enabled DVD for the MJ collector, if there are still any left. Me? I'm into the technology section.

This movie had plenty of tech behind it. I also remember the first release contract had expired, and they replaced it with something like "Honey, I shrunk the audience!" and it was so lame they had to bring back Captain EO, and it stayed there until the first MJ molestation lawsuit came about. The movie was officially cancelled from further showings and was replaced with an early test movie which was also weak.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.