Friday, July 27, 2007

Logical












Y'all know Sylar (THE Villain, played by Zachary Quinto) from "Heroes"? He's been cast to play the young Spock in J.J. Abrams's new Star Trek movie, to begin shooting in November!! First, I love that this may mean the cast may primarily be made up of non-mega stars. Secondly, Leonard Nimoy is going to be in the film! This is exciting when you consider that he turned down his role in Star Trek: Generations because of what he thought was a poor script (and, as it turned out, he was right). He's apparently enthusiastic about this movie, and, boy, I can't wait. There are too few good Star Trek movies...

More can be read about this here, the AP's report of the announcement made at San Diego's Comic Con. I can't see the Rumbler in the picture, but I'm sure he was there.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Does this mean that Sylar will now be able to mind meld and perform the Vulcan death grip? Hiro Nakamura better watch out.

This is great news. I think Sylar will be an awesome Spock. It also makes me way excited for the movie to come out. Looks like JJ Abrams is again demonstrating his keen marketing sense (introducing the two Spocks together at Comic Con). Its a bonus that he can actually produce and direct great films.

Katie said...

I am very excited for all you "Star Trek" fans. I'm sure Scott and his sons will be first in line for this one.

cblakes said...

I hadn't thought about that being a clever way to create buzz on the movie. It really was.

I may have to fly to Utah to see this with the Davis's. It's scheduled for release on Christmas day, 2008, so maybe I could!

3703 said...

My innerds are jittery with excitement, all the way down to my bone marrow. And then I get upset and angry that I didn't go to Comic Con while it was right here! Instead i went to San Fran; never again.

Great blog and great update. I can't wait for Sylar and Matt Damon.